Our program is individualized for children with a wide variety of needs. Our goal is to guide children and their families in the all important skill of water safety! We use playful, and small group classes to help our swimmers overcome challenges, connect with their environment, and find joy in learning how to swim and be safe around water.
Our classes are small with 3 swimmers per instructor, we can tailor the programs to each child’s unique needs. Advanced swimmers are challenged, while beginner swimmers get the time and attention they need to thrive.
Each group class is $30 per child, with a yearly registration fee of $40 per child or $55 per family.
For example, if you sign up for a class on Monday at 3:30pm, and there are 4 Mondays in the month your total for the month is $120. Plus an annual registration fee of $40 per child or $55 per family.
If the month you sign up for has 5 days of classes, the total will be $150.
You can join our classes any time. Class registration during the school year will automatically re-enroll month to month.
Adapted Classes are for children who have special needs. Whether the child has a specific diagnoses or a physical on intellectual difference, we can meet the child where they are and develop safe swimming skills. The goal is to help the child socially move from a 1:1 class to the small group classes.
Adapted classes are $75 per 1:1 class.
We are a respite provider for DDA (Developmental Disabilities Administration) You can check your eligibility by visiting: https://www.dshs.wa.gov/dda/consumers-and-families/dda-assessment
Another possible source of support for families with kids on the autism spectrum is Ben’s Fund. Check your eligibility https://www.bensfund.org/apply-to-our-grant/
Parent and Child Classes are for children 6 month to 3 years of age. This class focuses on water safety skills for parents and water adjustment for the children. The goal of this class is a bonding time for parents and children as they develop water safety skills.
Parent and Child Classes are $20 per class.
Preschool Classes are for children 3-5 years old. The cost is $30 per class.
The focus is on water adjustment, breath control and learning swim skills with teacher assistance. Children will be encouraged to blow bubbles and put their face in the water. The goal for these classes will be for swimmers to:
1. Step from the side into chest deep water, push off the bottom, move into a treading or floating position for 15 seconds, swim on front and/or back for 5 body lengths, then exit the water.
2. Move into a back float for 15 seconds, roll to front, then recover to a vertical position.
3. Push off and swim using combined arm and leg actions on front for 5 body lengths, roll
to back, float for 15 seconds, roll to front, continue swimming for 5 body lengths.
Youth Beginner is a combination skills class. This is ideal for beginner swimmers ages 5-12 years old. The cost is $30 per class. The goal of this class is for swimmers to:
1. Jump into deep water from the side, recover to the surface, maintain position by treading or floating for 1 minute, rotate one full turn, then turn as necessary to orient to the exit point, level off, swim front crawl and/or elementary backstroke for 25 yards, then exit the water.
2. Push off in a streamlined position, then swim front crawl for 15 yards, change position and direction as necessary, swim elementary backstroke for 15 yards, then exit the water.
Youth Intermediate is a combination skills class. This is ideal for swimmers ages 5-12 years old who are ready to build on basic swim skills and advanced swimming techniques. The cost is $30 per class.
The goal of this class is for swimmers to:
1. Perform a shallow-angle dive into deep water, swim front crawl for 50 yards, change direction and
position of travel as necessary, and swim elementary backstroke for 50 yards.
2. Swim breaststroke for 25 yards, change direction and position of travel as necessary, and swim back crawl for 25 yards.
Swim Team Prep Class is a skill refinement and endurance class for swimmers that can swim 25 yards. This is ideal for swimmers ages 6-18 years old who are intermediate to advanced swimmers. The cost is $30 per class. This class will help take their swim skills to the next level. In our swim team prep classes we introduce children to swimming in a team environment while improving endurance and swimming technique. In these classes we focus on stroke refinement, strength, speed and endurance. Swim team prep classes are held three days a week for 60 minutes. You can sign up for one day or as many as you would like.